Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I'm Loving This September

Carla and Me at the Rochester Red Wings.

Two classes into the semester and I can already predict that I am going to have a bad case of senioritis this year.  Whether it is because I moved back on campus this year or that I am finally enjoying school more than ever before I am not sure but I will definitely welcome a little fun into my life.

Last night Alpha Phi went to the Rochester Red Wings game for some sisterhood bonding which is where Carla and I were when the picture above was taken.  This morning I woke up at 7, which was more than difficult, and went to the public market with both Clare and Carla--by 9:30 we had collected veggies for the week and a good amount of fruit for tonights sangria (cannot wait for that!).  I had a pretty decent cross training workout at the gym and then finished the morning with some casual wegmans shopping.

I wanted to share with you a few of my favorites for september so that if you're ever in the mood you can check them out!

Book: Running the Rift and Healthy Tipping Point
I bought Healthy Tipping Point for my SA trip and it turned out to be a winner--definitely not as self-helpy as I thought it would be.  Running the Rift (Benaron)  I have yet to make up my mind since I started it on the plane ride home from SA (my last ever purchase in Cape Town...tears).  it is about a young Rwandan boy who wishes to run in the Olympics and combines a story turmoil in the country. Winner.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with almond milk, cinnamon/ nutmeg and raisins

Snack: Almond Butter from Red Bird Market (Fairport, NY) and pretzels. Oh and Plums are surprisingly amazing

Quick Dinner: Curried Quinoa on greens with tomato or Eggs and Salsa

Tea: Numi Chocolate Pur-eh

Routine: I started doing a little yoga EVERY morning as soon as I wake up, have a full glass of water and then get into the day.  Try getting up a little earlier to give yourself time to enjoy the morning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


And a casual plug on running, even though it is almost 90 every day. I started training for a 10k this past week and am just about finished with week 1. More updates to come and only 7 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...