Monday, September 3, 2012

Goals of September

I woke up this morning to amazing weather--sunny and warm but not too extremely hot.  The past few days have been unbearably hot and muggy but today was different.  I woke up to my usual routine of yoga and made my way to a favorite running spot by the canal to complete my 3 mile run.

After running 7 or so 5k's I can usually beast through 3 miles like it is a no brainer but lately I have been having some serious mental blocks with running.  Maybe it is the fact that I am just getting back into it after being gone all summer or it could be getting used to a new routine at school but I tried to not let this get to me.  I am following the Hal Higdon 10k training program for the upcoming race in October and have made it to the second week.  So far it has been pretty easy going--we will see how it pans out once all the school work hits me. 

I'm really enjoying the pace of this program and since it is only a 10k the 8 week program is  perfect. Not too long, not too short and he only has you running for 3-4 days out of the week plus gives some time for strength training.

On my run I was trying to think of some goals for this coming month and this is what I have so far:

1. Stick to the 10k plan and prepare for the MVP Great Pumpkin Challenge 10k

2. Put effort into my school work but leave plenty of extra time for friends

3. Don't get consumed by grades and school

4. Reach out to friends that I haven't spent much time with lately

5. Prepare for the GRE and start looking at schools & jobs (the scary goal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...