Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Midnight Muffins: Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins

Yesterday was a great day, from start to finish.  I woke up at 7 and made my way to Pilates at the YMCA.  The class was really enjoyable--not having done a pilates class in years I was nervous and voiced my concerns (rather told the instructor) that I was new and asked what equipment to get.  At the end of the class she complimented my form and mentioned that I looked strong in my movements.  I truly appreciated this compliment and it set the day off to a great start.  Pilates was followed with some bike then lifting where I ran into two friends from high school so it was more of a reunion if anything.

From there I met up with Brendan and made breakfast.  We packed and goofed around all day until we sat down to a amazing late dinner with a delicious bottle of wine.  What a perfect day.  When I got home around 11:30 I was tired but not ready for bed.  Being the child I am I had remembered that Pretty Little Liars had premiered last night so I decided to tune into that while I drank some tea and let my melatonin kick in.  For some reason I got it in me to make muffins while "calming down" so I made a concoction of two recipes and made myself my first batch of Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins--a step for me that I hadn't thought I would take this soon but I am so excited to have created and mastered a recipe of my own...on my first try!  


What beautiful muffins!



They're a little chewy but so good and if I had to calculate out all of the fat/ calories and sugar i'd say they're healthier than a normal muffin!  
Tell me what you think of this bad boy.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/2 cup orange juice
1 6oz carton of greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
1 egg white
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
dash of salt

1 1/2 cup blueberries

1. Mix together oats and orange juice
2. add in greek yogurt and egg white, whisk together
3. in a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.  
4. fold wet into dry
6. add blueberries into mix and pour into cupcake pan

**The changes that I made to this recipe were as follows:
instead of 1/2 cup oil and an additional whole egg, I added the greek yogurt.  The recipe also called for 1/2 cup white granulated sugar but instead I went with 1/4 brown sugar (a lot of reading has told me that the flavor is comparable!)  I also took the 1 1/2 white flour and made equal parts of pastry flour and ww flour!


Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...