Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dinner Dates.

I must have been out of my mind last night to not bring my camera to my dinner date with Emily and Alyssa.  Initially I had wanted something summery due to the 80 degree weather we were experiencing but to my dismay, they did not have a grill.  I now know that when I have a house senior year (or hopefully next year), i will require a grill to be on the premise. 

Our trip to Wegmans led us to the following dish, one of my favorites I might add.

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic and Vegetables.

Ingredients:
1/2 box Wegmans SUPER pasta
2-3 garlic cloves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
grape tomatoes ( as many as you desire).
Mushrooms
Asparagus or another green veggie
OPTIONAL: chicken.

Directions:

1. Sautee on medium heat the mushrooms and asparagus (or other hard green veggie). NOTE- you want to do these veggies first because they take longer to cook.  Use EVOO to coat pan and add garlic to your desired taste.

2.when veggies are almost done, start boiling your water and add tomatoes to your veggie pan.

3. Add Whole Wheat spaghetti and cook until soft.

4. mix together the pasta and vegetable portions and remain on stove until tomato juices have dispersed throughout the pot.


BONUS: try Wegmans Garlic Tuscan bread by slicing and buttering.  Place in aluminum foil and place in oven (on 350) until pasta dish is fully cooked.

ENJOY :)

1 comment:

  1. Kylie! I made it into your blog! I don't know how I missed this entry. Love following you girl and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...