Thursday, December 1, 2011

Forerunner 405


Hey, I'm creepy and take pictures of myself but I don't hate it. Thats what a blog is for, right? So for all you runners out there that are without a GPS Garmin watch, go out and get one this holiday season (or at least put it on your wish list).

I finally made the decision to get one after seeing it pop up in numerous posts by Clare @ Fitting It All In.  After commenting and asking a few brief questions about the Forerunner 405 I decided to send a subtle hint to my mom in an email entitled: I WANT THIS FOR MY BIRTHDAY.  Sure enough, it was my big present this year and I am so happy to have it!

This watch is much smaller than some of the other GPS watches I have seen on the market including the Garmin Forerunner 305 and 310xt which seemed to be a bit much in both size and price.


Maybe there isn't a huge difference besides the fact that mine was $180 and the 305 goes past the $200 mark which was definitely not in my budget nor my parents.

The great thing about the Garmin Forerunner and other similar products is the Connect feature that links you to an internet based sort of "Map My Training" website created by Garmin.  Basically, I start my watch and run then come home and click connect and volia, my run is charted, split, and mapped all on the computer!  Its a great way to see progress and keep track of your pace, speed, elevations and the like.

My watch will definitely come in handy as I up my milage for the half marathon.  I really just hope the Jeff Galloway book comes in soon.  I am literally itchy to start training but can do the work on my own for now.


Here's a sample of what some of the features include.  I kept my run light and easy today since it was my first time back in a week.  I also got to about a half mile and realized that I forgot my inhaler, yet again.

I'm sure that there are plenty more features to be discovered with this and I will be more than willing to share as I discover them.  Do you have any tips for using a GPS watch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...