Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
adapted from Pennies on a Platter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp canola oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking pan ( I used 9x9)
2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs and oil
3. In a separate bowl combine four, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and spices
4. fold the dry into the wet and add chocolate chips last
5. spread evenly in baking pan and place in oven, test before removing!
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
** I found that mine were a little mushy at first so I had to add an extra 5 minutes but it may be my oven at school!
Also, these do not have the typical "brownie" consistency and have more of a cakey/ banana bread texture but still great all the same!
Fall is finally here :)