Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate Blueberry Morning Blast

Okay so I definitely have gotten back to my favorite summer routine of getting up early, exercising and coming home to make a great breakfast and blog about either that or something else more exciting..okay maybe not so much the more exciting part since I have been busy working every day but there will be more exciting days to come.

Last night during my evening boredom slump after work I made myself a list of some recipes I want to try this week

Here is what I came up with:

1. Egg and Avocado salad
2. Protein shakes (post-workout)
3. Greek Quinoa Salad
4. Protein pancakes
5. Oatmeal Peanut butter & carob chip squares
6. Cedar Plank Salmon with some sort of salsa (thanks wegmans!)

Today I am tackling the first two and am starting bright and early.  I was up by 8 and went to Cardio Pump with my cousin.  This whole group class environment is pretty foreign to me since I love working out and running by myself (it is my "me" time) but it was actually a challenging workout and I had fun doing it.

Into the mix:
1 packet of chocolate spire-tein protein powder
1 cup blueberries
8 oz almond milk





oh so creamy but a bit too chocolatey, maybe i'll try vanilla next time and less milk! This baby mae two batches for me.

Do you use protein powder? If so, what kinds and if not, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...