Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tut Tut, Looks Like Rain.

Whenever its raining I think back to when I was younger and watched/read Winnie the Pooh.  The cheery old bear was always so happy whenever there was a drizzle or even a downpour. While the passive Eeyore found a number of reasons to hate every day, especially rainy ones, Pooh seemed to embrace them.

I remember one specific line Pooh always used, "Tut tut, looks like rain." It still makes me laugh to this day.  This seemed like a perfectly fitting topic since the forecast has been so dreary and cold lately.  I mean seriously, I know it's upstate NY but can't we at least get a little sunshine?


There we go. Thats today's forecast along with tonight and tomorrow. "A brief shower or two" is a bit of an understatement since it has drizzled since I was up at 7 this morning. In any case, I pondered the idea of skipping my run and instead catch up on my favorite shows but no, there are no quitters here.  I busted out a nice long run and even went an extra block!

Here I am being obnoxious and overly excited that I actually finished despite soaking my left foot in a puddle and being sprayed with road goo throughout the whole thing.  This should definitely keep me motivated the next time I hop the struggle bus to go running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...