Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review: parlo francese a italiano

Parlo francese a italiano? I speak French in Italian? If you're wondering the purpose of this title, get excited. It basically explains the variety of foods I had from breakfast to lunch yesterday, starting with crepes and finishing with pasta and then a little Americano dessert. What an amazing saturday with both my family and Maureen.

The morning began with a delightful breakfast at Simply Crepes in Pittsford.
I was especially hungry and craving something sweet so it was the right place to be.  Of course I ordered my usual Simply Strawberry Crepe but also decided to try some of their Creme Brulee Oatmeal.

This is my amazing oatmeal yesterday morning:
Simply Crepes really did it this time with the amazing flavor explosion I experienced. I HIGHLY suggest this little cup for a cold winters morning.


My mom had the "Crepes Benedict" but I can't for the life of me remember what she said about it nor did I indulge in testing it out.  I am not much of a fan for eggs benedict and steer clear of the cream sauces, most of the time.


Afterwards we did some shopping at Eastview mall for fall clothes, computer accessories and she even surprised me with Hunter boots (I'll post later!)

We met my Dad for dinner in East Rochester at Lemoncello, an Italian Bistro type cafe & lounge.  The building itself was an old main street building completely redone to a "old italy" style.  My Dad, a very critical restaurant goer, oo-ed and ahh-ed his way through the lounge area until we made it to a glass enclosed outdoor area which was heated. Quaint and friendly.

The menu ranged from basic pasta dishes to veal and seafood along with an assortment of pizzas. The Lemoncello Artichoke caught my eye and I was hooked.  They serve bread with olive oil and pepper along with a great side salad (included with entree). 

The portion was a bit larger than I'm used to but this is expected with pasta dishes.  There was a lemocello deglaze atop a pairing of egg battered artichokes, sundried tomatoes and pancetta. I had never tried pancetta before but it complimented everything with a hint of salt  which was necessary.


Simply Crepes is always a must and I have been a returning customer for quite some time.
Lemocello is a new favorite because of both its atmosphere and great food, an overall great dining experience.

Simply Crepes
                                                                    7 Schoen Place
                                                                Pittsford, NY 14534
                                                                    (585) 383-8310

Lemoncello Cafe & Lounge

137 West Commercial Street
East Rochester, New York 14445
T: (585) 385-8565

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...