Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal

Yep, you heard right, it's pumpkin season.  If you weren't already aware of this (since late september, I believe) advertisers and businesses have been boasting their "best pumpkin latte" or "pumpkin muffins" for quite some time. Really though, who would blame them? Pumpkin flavored things are the best as the days get shorter and the temperature drops to freezing.

This morning I thought I'd start the day off with a bowl of oatmeal since I have so many things to do (and such little time).  I am getting my hair done in Fairport @ Pharoah's Salon & Spa and then making my way to the infamous Steve's diner to meet Marissa for lunch.  After that we are on to class, Ballet Performance Group (BPG) meetings and then eventually getting to some term paper stuff.

The best way to start off today? Pumpkin Oatmeal.

Now, I typically eat a really bland & boring oatmeal that most of you would probably turn your noses to at the first smell.  Today I was adventurous and added some pumpkin puree to my usual mix along with some brown sugar (you definitely need this!).

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
(one serving)
Adapted from: Carrots 'n' Cake

1/2 cup Steel Cut Oats (or regular)
1 cup water
1/4 cup pumpkin puree

and then all to taste:
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Ginger
Brown Sugar
Soy Milk

**If you don't have all these spices, simply purchase "Pumpkin Spice" at your local Wegmans. 



What's next? I think i'm going to try Tina's Pumpkin Scone recipe.  I have been craving scones since early yesterday afternoon but dislike the store bought kind since they are so "bad" for you! Her recipe includes yogurt as a substitute which I am a huge fan of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...