Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Inspiration.

As the stress of school has slowly creeped up on me and I find myself continually overwhelmed, as I'm sure most of you do, I wanted to bring a few inspirational messages/ motivation to our day.  While we all have busy lives that consist of way too many activities and not enough sleep and we begin to need that extra hit of the snooze button or that third venti coffee, there still needs to be a moment in the day to reflect.  To sit back, relax and enjoy the great things we have been given.

For me, this is my running.  Running is my relaxation.  I never ever thought I would say this since I naturally loathed running for most of my adolescent years (not to say I am old now). Speaking with one of my research participants got me thinking today about my addiction to running and exercise and that not having it for even one day throws me off.  I can't concentrate or focus on anything until I have that run, bike, or weight training in.  Some days I simply am too busy but then I think that saying, "I can't make time" is ridiculous because I make time for many other things such as my blog.

Goals. Goals are an important aspect of anyones life and I have been setting them for as far back as I can remember. Make a goal each day to do something you love, even if its only closing your eyes and relaxing.

Work on a bucket list of sorts. I am just starting this and here you go folks, here are the two newest additions to my bucket list:

(1) Flower City Half Marathon (April 2012)!
(2)Marathon in the coming YEAR

Granted I have to survive the half first and I understand what a lofty goal it is but I thought I should share it with you because it leads me to my next point.

Support. Not only supporting yourself but also everyone around you and the endeavors they embark on.

Think: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astonish ourselves"-Thomas Edison
What a great quote? I recently stumbled across it and have fallen in love.

Thats all I have for now and yes I understand a bit of a sentimental post coming from me but it is well needed.  As far as the blogging world goes, I plan to start logging workouts on here and getting more into the whole exercise/ health aspect of life that I am so interested in (more to come!!!)

Happy Tuesday, and remember, Halloween is a little over a week away :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...