Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Announcement: Honduras!

Many of you may know that I spent this past summer in Cape Town, South Africa working in local community health clinics.  The six weeks I spent working with local communities and individuals changed me in more ways than I could ever begin to explain.  I know that it may sound cliche, but it was the most rewarding experience I have had thus far--but eye opening and humbling.  The members of the communities had compassion, pride and humility for their culture and people.  Please see the link above (South Africa 2012) if you would like more info.

Before I left Cape Town I knew that I wanted to continue my service work back home at Rochester.  I had heard of Global Water Brigades through my friend, Bridget, who is also in Alpha Phi.  I immediately messaged her requesting more information and knew that it was something I would pursue during my senior year.

Well folks, it is official! I am happy to announce that I am going to spend a week in Honduras this coming January working as a member of Global Water Brigades, Rochester.  I cannot wait to share more information with you and share what GWB is all about along with the brigade itself.  There is so much to be done in the coming months with preparations, fundraising and spreading the word about GWB and I hope that you will follow the journey with me and the other brigaders (there is a group of about 20!)

I will give more information on the trip in the coming weeks regarding what exactly GWB does in Honduras, so keep reading!

Please feel free to read up on Global Water Brigades HERE!
Donations/ sponsorship can be located at empowered.org/kyliebellis where you can donate towards either my personal goal or the entire group.

**All donations/ sponsorship goes towards supplies to build sustainable water systems (including pipes, tools etc), 24/7 guards, travel expenses and our personal labor**

Thank you,
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...