Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Typical Morning (For Me)

I tend to describe myself as a very organized person, at least for the most part.  I like to know where everything is at all times and have been found cleaning the refrigerator for...uh, how do I put this, fun. 

Out of the past years I have spent in college I have found that one of the dilemmas that most of us crazy students face is food.  Do we have time to eat it? Do we like what we are eating? Are we eating out of boredom? Have we forgotten to eat all day so now we eat all night?  The vicious cycle of eating at strange hours or skipping meals all together because of work, class or clubs is most definitely detrimental to our health, body and even grades. One of my goals for this year is to make sure that I make the time to enjoy breakfast, pack a lunch and have a quality dinner.  Unless there is a day where I am extremely booked from 7 am- 11pm I should be able to do this. Regardless of the amount of work, there is only so much that one person can fit into the day and pulling all nighters does not feel like the best thing to do as a senior (I still have to do it once but I am waiting for just the right day!)

So, a typical morning for me looks somewhat like this:

1. Get up to the alarm and try NOT to hit the snooze button, I also try to get up an hour or so before I normally would roll out of bed so that I can enjoy the morning

2. morning yoga stretch--this hasn't altered very much and is the same sun salutation I was doing 3 weeks ago but it puts me in the right mindset for the day

3. write 4 goals I would like to accomplish in the day--sounds a bit quirky but it really helps me focus in on what the important things are..these goals could range from being nice to someone I was rude to the day before, thanking a friend for something he/she did, not getting stressed for a presentation or exam.

4. make myself a hearty breakfast or leave time to stop at Starbucks on campus for oatmeal
pumpkin pie oats with chia

5. drink plenty of water and try to stick with tea NOT coffee, which I save for early afternoon!

6. Lunch Box Tuesday! Tuesdays are the BUSIEST day of the week for me with classes going straight from 11-4:40.  I have tried eating breakfast before, breakfast and lunch before or just bringing snacks for after breakfast and nothing seems to give me enough fuel to make it through those last 40 minutes of lecture which is conveniently located at the med school.  

I'm trying something new today, bringing my lunch! (note the lovely lunch box). Into the box today goes GF Snyders pretzels, 2 hard boiled eggs, field greeks and quinoa and some local grapes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...